Mount Pleasant, SC - East Cooper Medical Center recently announced the names of the members of their inaugural Women’s Advisory Board. The Board, consisting of 17 local women and six hospital employees, has committed to increasing healthcare awareness in the community and advising East Cooper Medical Center in the direction, design and delivery of women's healthcare services.
Members of the Women’s Advisory Board play an important role in the relationships between East Cooper Medical Center, the community and area physicians. Communication is centered on providing women the best healthcare available; healthcare that is specifically tailored to their needs and preferences. The advisory board aids the hospital in educating the community about issues facing women and their families and they also serve as advocates for East Cooper Medical Center’s women’s services.
The hospital’s first Women’s Advisory Board consists of decision makers from throughout the Lowcountry including:
▪ Penny Bagwell Retired teacher – St. Andrews Day School
▪ Lucy Beckham Principal Wando High School
▪ Nancy Cagan Partner / Owner Horton Hayes Fine Art
▪ Lynn Carmody Real estate Broker, Carolina One
▪ Jane Davis Principal, Mount Pleasant Academy
▪ Jennifer Durbin Mom / Personal Fitness Trainer
▪ Toya H. Green Special Counsel, McNair Law Firm
▪ Terry Haas Television Personality - HGTV, Realestate Broker
▪ Leslie Haywood Entrepreneur / Inventor Grill Charms
▪ Marcie Jacobs Entrepreneur
. Katie Newingham Sales - EcoQuip, Inc.
. Linda Page Auctioneer, Real Estate Agent, Business Owner – Page’s ThievesMarket, Inc., Pages Incredible Kitchen, Councilwoman – Town of Mt. Pleasant
▪ Norma Jean Page Recreation Director – City of Isle of Palms
▪ Kathy Roberts MUSC Graduate Student
▪ Heather Speizman Owner – Bottles ‘n Brushes
▪ Thomasena Stokes-Marshall Retired NYPD detective, Councilwoman - Town of Mt. Pleasant
▪ Peggy Swails First Lady of Mount Pleasant, Retired - United States Probation Officer
▪ Dr. Mary Thornley President - Trident Technical College
▪ Pat Walker President/Chief Executive Officer, East Cooper Meals on Wheels
▪ Kari Davis Director of Business Development & Physician Relations, East Cooper Medical Center
▪ Jenny Hanzel Manager of Physician Relations, East Cooper Medical Center
▪ Marisha Henry Director of Patient Access, East Cooper Medical Center
▪ Janie Sinacore-Jaberg CEO, East Cooper Medical Center
▪ Shirley Nilsen Community Relations Manager, East Cooper Medical Center
▪ Meg Sharrock CNO, East Cooper Medical Center
“We are thrilled with the ensemble of women who have honored us with their involvement on the hospital’s inaugural Women’s Advisory Board,” said East Cooper Medical Center CEO, Janie Sinacore-Jaberg. “The community has come to know us as a healthcare provider who truly knows women, and the insight and commitment of this group will provide us something special to continue to develop women’s services that encompass what women need -- and want.”
The Board, who meets every other month, is comprised of women with a breadth of diversity, including age, professional roles and residential location. “While we are proud to be centrally located east of the Cooper, we recognize that our patients come from beyond the East Cooper area,” said Jaberg. “With that in mind, we have recruited the help of women who live throughout the Lowcountry. These women come from all walks of life and offer balanced representation of our community and patients.”
ABOUT EAST COOPER MEDICAL CENTER
East Cooper Medical Center, part of Tenet South Carolina, is a 130-bed acute care hospital located at 2000 Hospital Drive in Mount Pleasant. Previously located at 1200 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, East Cooper Medical Center has been providing healthcare to the East Cooper community since 1986. We provide a number of services including 24-hour emergency care, women’s and children’s services, diagnostic imaging and interventional services, orthopedics, sports medicine, pain care, adult and pediatric rehabilitation services, wound care services and surgical care, including nationally recognized spine surgery and breast reconstruction surgery. East Cooper Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency.