Breastfeeding Support Group
We understand the importance of breastfeeding and are committed to supporting nursing mothers and babies while they are in the hospital and after they return home. We offer a FREE Breastfeeding Support Group led by our Lactation Consultants. Get more details about the Breastfeeding Support Group.
Because having a baby is a family affair, East Cooper Medical Center has classes for everyone in the family. Entertaining and educational problems are offered to help mom and dad learn proper newborn care and to prepare brothers and sisters for the newest member of the family.
- Special Delivery Class: A three-session program for expectant parents taught by certified prepared childbirth educators. Includes stages of labor, medication options, the birth process, breathing and relaxation, post-partum and infant care. Includes a tour of Women’s Services.
- Super Saturday Class: Class includes anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, coping skills, stages of labor, c-sections, medications and anesthesia. Includes a tour of Women’s Services.
- Breastfeeding Class: Two-hour class for expectant mothers. A certified Lactation Consultant teaches the proper techniques of breastfeeding.
- Newborn Class: Class covers what to expect while in the hospital, baby care basics and how to handle problems with baby.
- Maternity Tour: Hour-long tour of the hospital including the Women’s Services and information on what to expect while having a baby at East Cooper Medical Center.
- Infant CPR: Class teaches CPR techniques to be used for infants up to one year of age.
- Sibling Class: For children expecting a new brother or sister. One-hour class includes a visit to the nursery, diaper changing techniques, bottle-feeding and how to hold a baby. Children are asked to bring a baby doll or stuffed animal with them.