Junior Volunteer Summer Program
Each Summer, the East Cooper Volunteer Service Organization and East Cooper Medical Center provides high school students with the opportunity to help make a difference and learn about hospitals and healthcare. Our junior volunteers will learn new skills, meet new people, observe patient care and other healthcare professionals.
This summer our junior volunteers will have the opportunity to be hosted in many areas including:
- Patient Access/Registration
- Women’s Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Other Patient Care and non-Patient Care Areas
To be considered for the summer program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school student
- Must be available to volunteer at least one 4 hour shift per week for the duration of the 8 week program
- Must have a desire to assist patients/family/staff and work well within a team
- Must be able to attend short orientation session in late May
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for the summer 2023 cohort. Please check back in early 2024 for next year's program information.
- ECMC will accept applications from April 1 – April 30, 2023 on first come first served basis
- Selection Status shared via email by May 5, 2023
- Short Orientation/Onboarding will take place between May 15 and May 31, 2023
- Junior Volunteers will complete their health screenings at this time
- Program Duration
- June 5 – July 28
Thank you for your interest in our Summer Junior Volunteer Program. We look forward to having you join us.