The Longest Standing Level II NICU In Mt. Pleasant
Delivering a baby is a special time for any woman. Our maternity team is dedicated to making the experience everything you hoped it would be. You probably have many questions, and we are happy to provide you with insightful and expert knowledge on how you can best care for your child during and after your pregnancy.
Find an obstetrician with our online tool to get matched with a doctor who is convenient, highly skilled and right for you.
Find A Physician
Creating a special time for you and your baby
At East Cooper Medical Center, we understand that every woman and every pregnancy is unique. During these most precious moments, we want you to feel comfortable in the knowledge that our comprehensive team of obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists and medical staff has the training, expertise and experience to guide you through the labor and delivery process.
East Cooper Medical Center has the longest standing Level II NICU in Mt. Pleasant, and has delivered more babies than anywhere east of Cooper. We have the experience, technology and the expert care designed for our smallest patients.
- A Level II NICU is a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that is capable of caring for late-preterm infants, from gestation 32 weeks to 37 weeks
- Level II NICUs have a wide variety of medical staff onsite including neonatologists, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists who are available 24 hours a day
- Equipped with the latest technology and experts to care for newborns that need special attention
The maternity care team at East Cooper Medical Center is dedicated to providing you and your baby with a calm, safe and comfortable environment while making your childbirth experience everything had planned and hoped for—and more. Our highly-skilled team of medical experts will be with you every step of the way, offering a full-range of resources for infertility, breastfeeding, prenatal care, infant safety and classes on childbirth.
4 million children are born in the U.S. every year.
Comprehensive maternity services designed with you and your baby in mind
- Advanced technology and techniques: we ensure you and your baby will receive optimal care in a safe, clean and comfortable environment
- Pre-Delivery Observation: specialists can determine if a patient is in labor and perform other procedures pre-delivery.
- Ante-partum Testing: a simple, outpatient procedure to determine the condition of your unborn baby
- Special Delivery Options: our staff is skilled in a variety of special delivery methods to address the delivery options of our patients
- Patient Navigators: help guide you through the process from registration to post-partum questions
- IBCLC Certified Lactation Consultants: our lactation nurse visits each mother and baby after delivery to answer questions and assist with newborn care and breastfeeding. Our lactation nurse will also call the new mother at home for a follow up to make sure everything is going well
- Advanced fetal monitoring that closely records uterine and fetal heart activity to catch early signs of complication
- Extensive educational program that provides child birthing and parenting education classes
- Flexible visitation policy that allows special visitation for siblings and grandparents
Give Birth to Your Baby in the Comfort and Care of East Cooper Labor & Delivery
To make you comfortable, we offer:
- Private labor, delivery and recovery room
- Private bathroom and shower
- Adjustable bed, and a couch or reclining chair for your labor partner
- An encouraging and supportive team that focuses on the bonding of mom and baby
It is important for us to give our patients the opportunity to express their feelings about their experience at our hospital and we feel it can help future East Cooper patients too.
Meet Ron and Hope Gamble.
See why more babies are born at East Cooper Medical Center. Call 843.881.0100 to schedule a tour.
Request information about your stay in the new mom maternity packet