Back & Spine Treatment
Back problems bring thousands of Americans to their doctors every year. At East Cooper Medical Center, we believe there are many options for back pain. More conservative, noninvasive treatments including pain management and physical therapy have shown tremendous results in many of our patients. If these options don’t work, then surgery may be the best option.
Traditionally, spine surgery has required invasive procedures resulting in large incisions, followed by a long stay in the hospital. More recently, minimally invasive surgery, also known as laparoscopic or endoscopic surgery, has been made possible due to advancements in physician training, engineering and computer technology.
Minimally Invasive Back Surgery
Our surgeons are experts in minimally invasive spine surgery, which uses a tiny camera and long, thin surgical instruments inserted through very small incisions. The result is potentially less pain, shorter hospitalization and faster recovery. Many of our patients are able to go home the day of their surgery.
Treatment options include:
- Laparoscopic spinal fusion - corrects problems with the small bones of the spine (vertebrae). It is essentially fuses together the painful vertebrae so that they heal into a single, solid bone
- Micro-endoscopic disc repair
- Reconstructive procedures
- Spinal stenosis repair to relieve nerves pinching the nerve root
- Treatments for the nerves affected in herniated discs
For a free physician referral to one of the Southeast's most respected spine surgeons, call 843-416.6616 or use our online tool.
Find A Physician